Updated: Sep 3
I've got no steps or techniques surrounding creative anxiety. The only thing I've got is a list of things I've felt as a creative. And I've talked to many friends that have similar days. So it's not so much help in the way of help, but help in the way of - "Hey - me too".
- I used to care about what I do. I think. Do I care enough?
- Does my work even matter?
- Did I choose the right discipline?
- Am I out of touch?
- What do I even do next?
- I don't even know what I'm good at.
- There are so many people better than me.
- Am I delusional?
- I'm so behind on social media.
- The world is ending.
- I'm the worst.
- I'm a failure.
- I want to do that thing, but I feel so overwhelmed.
I know one of those days. Where all the crazy feelings feel really real. The one thing I do know, is one day can change a lot. One idea. One finished project. One client email. One person telling you - "Hey - me too".